How do I apply for veterans benefits?

Assistance in filing applications for benefits from the VA may be obtained through any State Veterans Service Officer. Veterans Service Officers assist veterans, their dependents and widows in filing claims for all federal VA benefits. You may call John P. March Jr. at (860) 928-1133 or the VA operates a toll-free number for general questions, 1 (800) 827-1000, or TDD 1 (800) 829-4833.