Vital Records - Birth, Death Certificates

Birth Certificates application for certified copy

Death Certificates application for certified copy

The fee is $20 for each certified copy payable with certified bank check or money order requested in person or by mail. Personal checks are NOT accepted. 

By mail – See the form above for instructions


Electronically - You're able to submit an application along with a copy of your ID via email.  Once approved, a link will be sent to the requester for credit card processing.  Once the payment is received by the Town Clerk, the certified copy will be mailed out.  The cost for electronic request is $20.  For the next couple of weeks, the credit card processing fee of $2.50 will be waived. Email the completed application along with a copy of your ID to:   [email protected]  or [email protected]  Include the name as is appears on the credit card that will be used along with the address to mail the certificate to.

Birth Records Less Than 100 Years Old
Connecticut birth records less than 100 years old are not open to the general public. To be eligible to receive a copy of a birth certificate, you must be able to document that you are:

♦ The registrant and 18 years of age or older

♦ The parent, guardian, grandparent, or spouse of the registrant (see application for more detail)

♦ The child or grandchild of the registrant and 18 years of age or older (see application for more detail)

♦ A member of an incorporated genealogical society authorized to conduct business in the State of Connecticut (please visit the Connecticut State Library History and Genealogy Unit website for more information)

♦ An attorney at law representing the registrant or the registrant’s parent, guardian, child, or surviving spouse

♦ A state or federal agency employee and with an authorized release from the registrant, who is 18 years of age or older

Birth Records More Than 100 Years Old
Birth records more than 100 years old are open to any person over 18 years of age.

See Connecticut General Statutes 7-51 and 7-51a.