PUTNAM PUBLIC LIBRARY
Board of Trustees Meeting
March 23, 2020
Present: Priscilla Colwell, Anne Lamondy, John Dignam, Louise Brodeur, Bev Shaw, Don Nelson, Cathy Taylor, Sue Nash
Not Present: Lesley Neal, Peggy McHugh
NOTE: This meeting took place using the ZOOM platform due to COVID-19 Pandemic
The meeting of the March 23, 2020 meeting was called to order at 6:06 pm by Anne Lamondy, Chair.
There was no public participation
Minutes of February meeting: A motion was made by John Dignam with a second by Louise Brodeur to accept the February 24, 2020 minutes as presented. Motion carried.
The March Financial Report was deemed in good order by our Treasurer, Louise Brodeur, with no questions or concerns from members present. A motion was made by Bev Shaw with a second from John Dignam to accept the report as presented. Motion carried.
There were no communications
Member Comments: Bev thanked Priscilla for setting up our meeting via Zoom.
The Building Committee met March 19th. Things are still moving along except bid openings which will be a Zoom meeting with bids submitted by email due to crisis. This will be delayed a bit from original date. It is now on April 7th in New Britain. The electrical bid will be opened April 14th. There may be some delays in building materials delivery by will still moving forward with groundbreaking possibly early May.
· The Director’s evaluation has been tabled
· Emergency Plan Policy is basically being established as needed due to circumstances:
1. First, programming was suspended
2. Then the Town closed us – but staff ok to work
3. Finally we were closed with no staff
· Priscilla is working from home: FB posts – online services, compilations from state library and many sources are being shared with followers/readers
· Either Mary Jo or Priscilla will check the mail and book drop each day and return phone messages. Priscilla is doing the financials through accounting software. She is also compiling book orders but not sending because no one is on site to receive the order. Staff will be paid for 2 weeks to begin with but the Mayor says the Library Board could
decide beyond that. John Dignam made a motion that the staff should continue to be paid until our next meeting when we can re-assess the situation. Louise made a second to the motion. Motion carried.
· Lions night of giving on April 3rd was cancelled
· VITA has suspended their tax preparation services for the year
· The staff is no longer printing documents for patrons due to closing
· Sick time cannot be shared with other staff
· Cleaning crew suspended through the end of the month
· Deep cleaning was being done by staff before being told to stay home
· The board wants to make sure the library is safe so if sanitizing is necessary, do it. Pricilla will advise at a later date.
A motion to adjourn was made by John Dignam with a second from Don Nelson. Meeting adjourned at 6:29 pm.
Beverly M. Shaw
Secretary to the Board of Trustees
Putnam Public Library