PUTNAM PUBLIC LIBRARY
Board of Trustees Meeting
Present: Priscilla Colwell, John Dignam, Bev Shaw, Sue Nash, Kathy DiPilato, Peggy McHugh
Not Present: Anne Lamondy, Louise Brodeur, Lesley Neal, Jayne O’Toole
The December meeting was called to order at 6:30 by John Dignam, Chair.
There was no public participation
Minutes of the November 27, 2017 meeting were presented and reviewed. Kathy DiPilato made a motion to accept. John made a second. Motion carried.
Treasurer’s report: Nothing exceptional in the report as presented. New batteries were installed in all of the alarms.
There were no communications
· Facilities Committee: The Board of Selectman now wish to consider space for Historical Society and Sr. Citizens and are in favor of this project.
· Budget for the next fiscal year should be flat except for bumps in salaries.
· A few more policies will be brought forward for review next month
· We should be voting on our budget at the January meeting. Mary Calorio will supply the projected numbers for building insurance, health insurance and pension.
· Highlights – Pat had a Christmas tree craft using old books
· Paint night in January led by Pat.
· Priscilla was told about a substantial rebate on LED light bulbs through WB Mason. She purchased 224 bulbs for a total cost of $497. We are now totally LED and will save on electricity.
· The auto reader is in place. Priscilla will publicize this addition in the newspapers.
· Non-union policy for the town is still on hold
· The new Tiny Tot rug is being used and loved
· Priscilla has supplied Mayor Seney with library information and included our accessibility challenges and space restrictions.
· Tiny Tots starts first week in February and also 2 story times.
· Kids Craft night is planned for once a month using seasonal theme with crafts and edible projects. There’s a waiting list for this one! Very popular.
Adjournment – Kathy made a motion to adjourn. Peggy made a second . Motion carried.
Beverly M. Shaw
Secretary, Board of Trustees
Putnam Public Library