June is Licensing Month!
Pursuant to Connecticut State Statutes, section 22-338, all dogs six months or older must be licensed. Dogs are licensed at the Town Clerk’s office. Valid rabies certificate required. You must provide proof from your vet that your dog has been spayed/neutered. Connecticut General Statutes require that dogs be licensed at the age of six months. Licenses are obtained from the Town Clerk OR through the mail, and are renewed in June for the license year beginning July 1st. Veterinarian’s certificates of rabies vaccinations (showing expiration date of vaccination) and spaying or neutering must be presented, and the license fee remitted, as outlined below:
- Male/Female - $19.00
- Neutered Male/Spayed Female - $8.00
- There is a $1.00 per month late fee
- Fee for the transfer of ownership of a dog licensed in Putnam - $1.00 (License and tag issued to former owner must be submitted)
- Fee for the transfer upon moving to another town - $1.00 (License and tag issued by former town must be submitted)
- Fee for replacement of lost tag - $0.50
All current dog licenses expire on June 30th, 2023.
- After June
- Male/Female - $20.00
- Neutered Male/Spayed Female - $9.00
- After July
- Male/Female - $21.00
- Neutered Male/Spayed Female - $10.00