Skip To Main Content

Motor Vehicle Prorates

If you feel you need to prorate a motor vehicle tax bill due to having it been sold, junked, stolen or registered out of state, please bring the appropriate proof to the assessor's office. Proof needs to reference the vehicle and when it left your possession or you no longer reside in the state.


If you have already canceled your registration with the DMV you may provide us a copy of your canceled plate receipt; if you are unable to find your printed copy, you may print another one here.  Under the heading VEHICLE SERVICES, click on "Look up Registration Status"

At the same site, you may also complete other DMV tasks such as renewing or canceling your registration if needed. 

If you have any questions, please feel free to call us or come in during Town Hall office hours.