pandora silver beads mbt women's sandals ugg sale moncler collezione cheap runescape gold tiffany and co australia mont blanc rollerball pen ghd straighteners uk meizitang botanical slim bvlgari sunglasses pandora clips pandora chains pandora bracelets gold for runescape buy rs gold rift gold sale
Search :


     

OUR HISTORY - PUTNAM CONNECTICUT

Welcome to the Putnam, Connecticut History Page
Originally known as Aspinock, then part of Killingly, Putnam was incorporated in 1855, carved out of Killingly, Pomfret, and Thompson and named in honor of General Israel Putnam of Revolutionary War fame.  Some of the early settlers led the expansion to the Northwest Territory in 1787.

One of the first cotton mills in the country was built here in 1806.  With the availability of waterpower and the opening of the railroad in 1840, textile industries flourished.  After the mill district was ravaged by the flood of 1955, the Industrial area of Putnam was rebuilt.

 
PHOTO GALLERY
Click here to see the Photo Gallery


DOCUMENTS